Monday, August 3, 2009

First SA Vacation - Climbing in Eastern Cape

In lieu of a full blog post (for the moment, at least), I would like to direct your attention to my newest Picasa photo album from the 2009 Petzl Rock & Road. From July 17-25, I participated as a guest in South Africa's premier rock climbing competition. The competition brought together most of South Africa's top-ranked sport climbers for a week-long competition at four venues across the Eastern Cape province. Perhaps the competition's biggest attraction was the addition of an international guest climber: Adam Ondra, the world's top-ranked sport climber on 8a.nu.

The week proved to be a lot of fun, and I intend to write more about it in my next blog post. In the mean time, enjoy the photos I've posted, and check out the Petzl Rock and Road website for another perspective on the week (only the most recent updates are on the first page; you'll have to go back a few pages to start at the first day).

No comments: